Saturday, January 5, 2013

Download Some Tengwar Fonts

 « Writing English in Tengwar «        Course Index         » Familiar Words »    
  
This entire section on writing is optional. This post on fonts is all "Extra Material for Geeks."


     Tengwar Quenya is the font I used for the class charts.
     I used Tengwar Sindarin for the Examples.
     Tencele Latinwa is my favorite “fake Elvish” (English letters that look like Tengwar).

Tencele Latinwa font


Notice that some fonts arrange the tengwar by the keyboard letters closest to their value.   (I-1 “T” goes with keyboard “T”)

Others use the rows of the keyboard to correspond to the chart of the Tengwar.  
   Top keyboard row (1 2 3 4 ...) corresponds to I-1 “T”, I-2 “NT” ...
   Second row (q w e r t ...) corresponds to II-1 “P”, II-2 “MB” ...
   Vowels are in the capital letters, arranged by keyboard columns:
      # E D C (find them on your keyboard right now) are various placements of "A" mark.
      $ R F V are various placements of "E" mark, etc.

1 comment: